Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Veterans Day

My brother is the type of person who never studied for tests and still got an A, the type of smart I always wish I was. During my vacation this summer when we went to visit him in Florida, he spent hours helping me understand calculus the day before my midterm when he even had a huge exam coming up himself. He hadn't seen this material in years & years yet he sat there, looked at it for a couple minutes and would be able to explain exactly what was going on in a way that I could understand.  And I sat there amazed and feeling so appreciative of the person he is.

He is an amazing father to a beautiful little girl at a young age, the best brother I could have asked for and an Airman that the Air Force is lucky to have.

It makes me smile every time I get a call from him cause he usually is just calling to waste time on his way to a meeting or just had a couple minutes to spare. I love to hear about all the training he is going through, to me it is so fascinating, and I think even higher of him when I hear it. There is nothing in the world like what our service men go through.

I have always appreciated the men who have served our country, especially having one grandfather in the Marines and the other in the Air Force. But my brother joining made his sacrifice for our freedom even more special. I love him and am so proud of all the things he has accomplished. I dread the day he deploys but will be sending my prayers everyday for a safe return. And lots and lots of letters if that is possible.

I am thankful for each and every person who has served our country and given me the freedom I have today. 
 My grandpa, the Marine :)


 My grandpa, The Airman :)


And not pictured is my brother, safety reasons and all.

I love you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment