Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Dale Hollow Lake --- Fall Break

Danielle and I met freshman year of college when I joined a club for my major: Professional Tourism and Management Club. We had a bunch of classes together and later became board members for our club together. We have gotten along pretty well since then and decided to live together for our last year at IU.

Well, her awesome fam has a houseboat on Dale Hollow Lake in Tennessee. And it was so cool. I had never seen one before, an actual house on water. Kitchen, bathrooms, bedrooms, living room, A PORCH...


& here's the view from my bedroom.. of course I would wake up hours before Danielle would, but this wasn't bad to look at until she did.


Because it was October, it was a little chilly most of the time we were there but the sun did shine enough for us to break out the swim suits at least twice.




We "parked" the boat by about 7 others, on the shore. Each morning a family would make breakfast and we hung out by the fire and ate. Usually we would walk around the shore then and look for shells and geodes. During the day everyone just kind of did their own thing. We spent a lot of time sitting on the roof, listening to music and catching whatever rays we could. When it rained we usually watched a movie or tv show..Did I mention no wifi? Probably a good thing. They did surprisingly have cable which was life saving during the downpour we had one day.

We took boat rides on their little fast boat ( I have no clue the terms for these types of boats ) and I even got to drive which was pretty fun. Couldn't wipe the smile off my face.

One night her dad called in to the doc so we could get pizza for dinner ( I know I'm not supposed to eat pizza--cheese-- but I did it anyway) he just took off in the lil boat and was back within 10 minutes. That's the life isn't it?! Riding your speed boat to go get dinner....I could get used to that. 

And while Danielle and I usually went to bed before midnight, the parents stayed up until the morning partying. Good for them! At my weee age of 20 these guys were a lot better at "partying" than I am (grandma). 



No comments:

Post a Comment