Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Courtney Sinclair Photography

There's this amazing society on Facebook called the Rising Tide Society, and it is a bunch of (mostly) women, who are small business owners, event planners, photographers and "creatives." I had never heard of the 'movement' until my older sister (who is a small business owner, herself) told me that I had to join even though I did not have my blog up and running at the time.

I introduced myself to the group while I was at lunch with my mom and sister and right away people were responding with "nice to meet you" or "can't wait to see your blog" and definitely brought a smile to my face. Something special about this group is that they promote community over competition. Everyone in the group is so willing to help, and give advice to one another. The day I launched my blog, I posted on there about the launch and welcomed constructive criticism.

SO anyway before I start rambling...

A women named Courtney Sinclair, who is also a part of the Rising Tide Society, checked out my blog when it launched and noticed that I was at school at IU in Bloomington, IN and made the comment to me that she did too! She mentioned taking some pictures of me and I just thought that was her being nice and that it would probably never happen.

Then a week later I got a Facebook message from her. And I freaked. I was so happy, and I hadn't even read the message yet. And once I read it I was even happier. She asked if I would do a little modeling for a lifestyle shoot she wanted to do. OF COURSE I WILL!!

We met up at Starbucks and got to know each other a little bit better than just from Facebook. Then we got to shooting, and I didn't even feel awkward with people walking by. And I'm not gonna lie, I love having my picture taken so I loved her already! She even let me look through the raw images before we left that day! I am so happy with how they turned out and it was pretty cool getting photographed by a professional.

To view the whole gallery: http://client.courtneysinclair.com/allisonkerr/









No comments:

Post a Comment